Indusface AppTrana helps improve the security posture of The National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM)
“With AppTrana, you don’t need to go to a security expert to understand what the solution can do and how. Moreover, it offers both managed and non-managed services on the platform. This was very critical for us because the 15 applications that we managed were in different stages of maturity. The flexibility offered by the platform would enable the more mature applications to leverage the managed services and the others could be via non-managed services,”
Anirban Mandal, Deputy Director, Technology, NASSCOM
NASSCOM is the apex body for the IT BPM industry in India. It has 3000+ members representing this $194 billion industry that employs 4.47 million professionals and contributes nearly 8% relative to India’s GDP.
The Need For Application Security
With the ever-growing threat landscape due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this premier body didn’t want to be the subject of a high-risk security breach soon. Though NASSCOM just had one or two security breaches, it couldn’t take a chance on its applications’ security.
Problems to Solve
- To strengthen security by aligning with NASSCOM’s partners and getting them onboarded
- To provide a solution that could be easily managed by a lean IT team
- To provide a security solution that provides NASSCOM with the freedom to manage it daily.
- To provide a security solution that is simple and easy to map to its business use cases.
The Solution Indusface Provided
To boost NASSCOM’s existing security posture, Indusface provided its award-winning fully managed platform “AppTrana” that integrates web application scanner, web application firewall, DDoS, BOT Mitigation, CDN, and threat intelligence engine.
The Reasons Why NASSCOM Preferred AppTrana
- Quick onboarding with no downtime.
- Activation of WAF (Web Application Firewall) protection from day 0.
- Comprehensive application audit scan to detect and protect the open vulnerabilities.
- Bridging the gap between risk detection and risk protection
- Fully Managed Service
NASSCOM’s quote on AppTrana’s Managed service offering
“The ease of use, excellent user interface, easy implementation, and security features are at par with global solution providers. But, what makes it stand apart is that it is a global solution with a human touch. Given that security incidents happen unannounced, there may be times when you need to reach out to the creators of the security solutions. And, we have been able to reach out to Indusface whenever we needed immediate assistance”